Mercy Housing California
El Monte Veterans VILLAGE
El Monte Veterans Village is a landmark achievement between Mercy Housing California and New Directions in an effort to create affordable, service enriched, supportive living for homeless Veterans in the Los Angeles area. The new three-story development in the City of El Monte will mean 40 studio apartments and 2,400 square feet of common and recreational space for service delivery targeting homeless Veterans.
As the first permanent supportive community for homeless Veterans in the area, El Monte VeteransVillage addresses the growing rate of homelessness in a community that struggles with uniquely high rates of unemployment and special needs by:
- Partnering with New Directions, a well-established nonprofit with 20 years of experience serving homeless veterans, who will provide on-site services in partnership with the VA and 10 local agencies. Services will include case management, health & wellness programs, benefits claims assistance & legal services, substance abuse recovery support and social & recreational activities;
- Developing affordable living opportunities near downtown areas, employment opportunities, parks, services, businesses, transit and the local Veterans of Foreign Wars facility;
- Collaborating with service providers, community partners, and the Department of Veterans Affairs to inform the design of the energy-efficient building, programming space and Resident Services.
FEATURES & AMENITIES:
- 40 affordable homes for Veterans
- On-site management
- On-site resident services
- Community garden
- Barbecue area
- Community centers
- Community room with kitchen
- Lounge area
- Computer center
- On-site laundry facility
- Energy efficient design and appliances
- Close proximity to public parking (Bus Routes 76, 190/194, 178 and 488 operatedby MTA or Foothill Transit)
El Monte Veterans VILLAGE
11240 Ramona Boulevard
El Monte, California 91731
Property Type: Veterans/Special Needs
Applications will be available beginning November 25, 2013
at the temporary Leasing Office (11126 Ramona Blvd c/o VFW)
during regular office hours: Monday - Friday: 10am - 3pm or online.
Completed applications will be accepted beginning December 4, 2013 and will be accepted in person or via standard mail.
All applications will be date and time stamped & processed in the order they are received.
You may qualify if Head of Household is:
- A Veteran with a Discharge Status of Honorable or Other-than-Honorable andeligible to receive VA Health Benefits
- Chronically Homeless
View floorplans and learn more about this property »