YOUR OPINION MATTERS!
Mercy Housing greatly values the support of our donors and in order to deliver the most relevant and timely information to you, we have put together a survey. We welcome your honest feedback and based upon survey results, Mercy Housing will revisit our communications efforts.
MOVING FORWARD TOGETHER
Mercy Housing Lakefront (MHL) and Mercy Portfolio Services (MPS) continue to Move Forward Together to address the housing crisis and enhance the long-term economic competitiveness of the Chicago and Milwaukee regions. Together with many partners, we will build or preserve 7,500 affordable homes, help 2,000 families avoid foreclosure, create 8,000 jobs and prevent displacement or homelessness for 20,000 people.
2011 Campaign Accomplishments:
- Provided housing and resident services to prevent or end homelessness or displacement for approximately 3,300 people in the Chicago and Milwaukee region.
- In partnership with NHS of Chicago, we completed construction on Roseland Place, a new 60-unit independent living facility and Roseland Village, 10 units of intergenerational housing for grandparents raising their grandchildren.
- Completed the preservation of the 69-unit Harold Washington Apartments, MHL’s (formerly Lakefront Supportive Housing) first property.
- Completed 95% of the revitalization of 850 Eastwood Apartments, a 231-unit affordable family building. Residents have happily returned to their new homes on the 2nd – 16th floors.
- Closed on financing and began construction for Lakefront Residences of Grayslake, a 70-unit new construction senior facility in Grayslake, Illinois.
- Purchased and began historical rehab construction on 210 units of affordable family housing at Pullman Wheelworks, in Chicago’s south side Pullman neighborhood.
- Mercy Portfolio Services has acquired 783, begun to rehab 481, and completed 101 units of foreclosed housing.
- Created over 1,350 jobs through affordable housing development, neighborhood stabilization and 180° Properties.
- Boarded up and maintained 1,167 foreclosed homes throughout Cook and surrounding counties through 180° Properties.
- In partnership with Enterprise Community Partners, Housing Partnership Network, National Community Stabilization Trust, Illinois Housing Development Authority, and NHS of Chicago we launched a $100 million Mortgage Resolution Fund to help thousands of Illinois families save their homes from foreclosure.
- Johnston Center Residences earned four real estate awards: the Affordable Housing Finance Readers Choice Award, the Association of Licensed Architects Design Award, the Mayors 2011 Design Award, and Milwaukee Business Journal Best New Development.
- Special thanks to our campaign leaders over the past few months: Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, Grand Victoria Foundation, Denis Pierce, Polk Bros. Foundation and Wells Fargo Housing Foundation.
We would not have reached these extraordinary goals without the support from numerous community partnerships, donors and volunteers. Thank you to these and all of our partners for your continued support.