Currently Accepting Applications
About St. Catherine Residence
The mission of St. Catherine Residence is to ensure flexible, affordable and supportive housing to low-income women of diverse talents and needs who aspire to maximize their personal growth and employment opportunities. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy 119 years ago, St. Catherine Residence, which includes McAuley Apartments, provides stable, affordable housing to more than 200 women and families. Many residents have limited access to other types of affordable housing and this ministry fills a critical need in the community.
St. Catherine Residence provides housing for up to 164 women in suite-style apartments, with shared baths and community kitchens. Women may rent short- or long-term and stay as long as they need.
St. Catherine Residence is located on the Lower East Side of Milwaukee, just two blocks away from Lake Michigan, near public transportation, shopping, restaurants, and minutes away from I-94 and I-43. There are also several Universities nearby. Contact us today for additional information and a tour of the property.
Amenities and Services
- Staffed reception and locked lobby 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Utilities are included in the rental rate
- Resident Services
- Community celebrations & activities
- Exercise facility
- Community room
- Onsite laundry facilities
- Three cooking lounges, two large community kitchens
- Chapel (open to residents 24 hours a day)
- Access to major bus routes
- Computer center & library
- Spacious lounges with DVD &cable
- On-site parking
- 164 apartments total
- Women's Residence
- Most rooms are "sleeping only," with two rooms sharing a bathroom
- Shared Suite: shared with a suitemate. Two rooms connected by one entry hall and bathroom. Available in four sizes.
- Standard Single: one-person occupancy. Private room & bathroom.
- Efficiency: one-person occupancy. Feature a private bathroom & kitchen.
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.