225 Berry Street
San Francisco, California 94158
Property Type: Senior
M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p .m.
*There are currently no openings at Mission Creek. Please check back later.
Mercy Housing California
Mission Creek Senior Community
Mission Creek Senior Community is the result of Mercy Housing California’s collaboration with the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, the San Francisco Department of Public Health, and the San Francisco Public Library. In collaboration with these organizations MHC developed 139 units of affordable senior housing, an Adult Day Health Center, ground floor retail space, and the newest branch of the San Francisco Public Library. The library was turned over to the city upon completion. Mission Creek is located along a tidal creek with walking trails and plentiful green space, yet near several forms of public transit and neighborhood amenities. The community serves very low income seniors, many of whom are at risk of homelessness or who have HIV/AIDS. Mission Creek has won 13 design awards and recognitions.
- Funded by: San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, Citibank Community Development Bank, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, National Equity Fund, Bank of America: Affordable Housing Program, Northern California Community Loan Fund, State of California Department of Housing and Community
- Development (through Proposition 46), San Francisco Housing Authority, City of San Francisco’s Department of Public Health, Catholic Healthcare West; Funds for the Library were provided by Branch Library Improvement Program
- Architects: Hardison Komatsu Ivelich & Tucker; Santos Prescott and Associates (design architect)
- Contractor: Cahill Contractors
SERVICES & AMENITIES:
- On-Site Adult Day Health Center, operated by SteppingStone Adult Day Health Care
- Mission Bay Branch of the San Francisco Public Library
- Ground Floor Community Retail Space
- On-Site Computer Lab
- Referral Services
- Community Celebrations
- Holiday Festivities
- Community Meetings
- Neighborhood Safety Program