Community Lending |
Mercy Loan Fund
Financing for affordable housing through the Mercy Loan Fund
For three decades, Mercy Loan Fund has focused exclusively on funding affordable housing and essential community infrastructure projects that support affordable housing. By collaborating with socially-responsible developers, Mercy Loan Fund has helped finance the development of single and multifamily homes for rental and homeownership. These developments aid a variety of people, including low-income families and individuals, the working poor, seniors, farm workers, formerly homeless individuals and people with special needs.
Mercy Loan Fund is a financially sound Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that exclusively serves affordable housing communities by providing reliable, flexible funding to socially-responsible community developers in support of affordable housing and essential community infrastructure projects.
We are proud to provide loans for housing developments that:
- Provide quality, affordable, low-income housing
- Serve the economically poor, primarily families or individuals with special needs
- Strengthen families and build healthy communities
- Increase self-reliance
If your organization is interested in applying for a loan, please complete our pre-qualification form. Staff members review the details of each application and evaluate the request carefully against the established criteria. Criteria include:
- Beneficiaries must be low and very low-income households and those with special unmet housing needs
- Borrower must have the organizational capacity to complete and manage the development and the ability to repay the loan
- There must be a demonstrated need for the loan
- The development must have broad community support
- The development must guarantee long-term affordability for low-income persons
- Resident self-sufficiency and economic independence are promoted
- The development location must be in the United States
Mercy Loan Fund, a subsidiary of Mercy Housing, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, certified by the U.S. Treasury Department as a Community Development Financial Institution.
For more information about Mercy Loan Fund, contact us at 303-830-3386 or email@example.com.
News and Updates
Mercy Loan Fund has cumulatively closed 492 loans in 39 states as of June 30, 2016. The total amount loaned is $291 million. These loans have helped to create or preserve 22,700 units of affordable housing for 58,900 residents.
View the locations »