Jan 143 Housing Equity Questions with Shocking Answers
The notion that housing justice is social justice, is at the heart of Mercy Housing’s work. Without a stable place to call home, it’s near impossible to pursue a healthy, prosperous life. Here are three questions that put the importance of housing into perspective:
1. Where can a full-time minimum wage earner afford a home in the U.S.?
2. How many states have an adequate supply of affordable housing?
3. Who needs shelter, privacy, security, and a place to sleep?
There are over seven million people living with low incomes in need of affordable rental housing. The need is greater than ever before, but together in partnership with communities we can all make a difference.
To learn more, sign up for our newsletter.
You may also like:
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Homelessness ...
- 5 Facts About the Housing Crisis that Sound too Absurd to be True Millions of people nationwide struggle to pay their rent, and in many places only the...
- 3 Ways to Break Cycles of Poverty Generational poverty is heartbreaking, but breaking the cycle of poverty is possible. Dedicated communities and...
- 7 Facts About Hunger and Homelessness You Should Know As the weather starts to cool and the season changes to fall, we are very...