Caroline Severance Manor
Temporary Leasing Office:
c/o Telecare Office
600 St. Paul Avenue, Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Property Type: Supportive
Leasing office hours:
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*The waiting list for this property is currently closed. Please check back later for application information or call the property.
Mercy Housing California
Caroline Severance Manor
DESCRIPTION: Caroline Severance Manor is located in the Mid Wilshire/Koreatown neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles. The five-parcel property was assembled in partnership with the California Community Foundation Land Trust and the First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles, which owns a childcare facility on two parcels, and acquired two nearby parcels for a parking lot. MHC is working with the church and the Ketchum YMCA of Downtown Los Angeles to plan a mixed-use community that will include parking for the church and a licensed childcare center. In a unique partnership with the Los Angeles County Departments of Mental Health and Children and Family Services, the family units will be targeted to Kincare Families—that is, households in which children are cared for by a relative other than their parent.
- 85 units of intergenerational affordable housing
- One-, two-, three- and four-bedroom apartment homes
- Completed in 2013
- Funded by: Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, Wells Fargo Bank, California Housing Finance Agency, Los Angeles County Community Development Commission, Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles, CRA/LA, a Designated Local Authority,California Community Foundation Land Trust, First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles, Enterprise Community Partners,The California Endowment, and the Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department.
SERVICES & AMENITIES:
- Full kitchens; oven/cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator and garbage disposal
- On-site laundry facility
- Private balcony or patio (some plans)
- Elevator, Controlled key access and surveillance cameras
- Barbecue area, outdoor play area
- Community rooms and computer center
- On-site property management with extended hours
- Resident Services Coordinator with on-site programsand referrals in the area of education, financial stability,health and wellness, and community building.
- Close proximity to shopping and public transportation along routes 66, 366 and 204 and DASH connecting bus lines
Click on the image for a larger view