Currently Accepting Applications
About 7th & H Street
The 7th & H Housing Community is a mixed-use affordable housing development that provides 150 studio and one-bedroom apartments in an eight-story building; extensive community space, comprehensive resident services, a health clinic and ground floor commercial retail located in close proximity to public transit and a number of downtown amenities. The new building will comprise a landmark affordable housing community which will incorporate many environmentally sustainable features.
7th and H is designed to help meet many important goals of the City of Sacramento, the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency and Mercy Housing, including:
- reducing homelessness through the provision of high quality, service-enriched housing in fulfillment of Sacramento’s 10-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
- building affordable, safe, attractive workforce housing in the downtown area
- creating a connection between the existing downtown neighborhood and the future Railyards development.
Amenities and Services
- 2,500 square foot ground floor retail space
- 5,000 square foot community health clinic run by The Effort
- Gray water utilization, solar hot water pre-heating & slow flow fixtures,
- Photovoltaic system,High efficiency heating & cooling,Passive solar orientation & thermal mass utilization,
- Extensive community space
- Resident Services
- Located in close proximity to public transit"
- 150 studio and one-bedroom apartments serving very low and extremely low-income households
- Part of the City of Sacramento’s 10-year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
- 75 of the apartments will be reserved for formerly homeless residents and the other half will be reserved for low-income residents earning between 40-50% of the Area Media Income.
- Funded by: Wells Fargo Community Lending and Development, Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, Sacramento County, California Housing Finance Agency, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco
- Contractor: JR Roberts Deacon
- Architects: Mogavero Notestine Associates and SERA Architects
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.