Caroline Severance Manor
Los Angeles, CA
2927 W. Francis Street
Los Angeles, CA, 90005
TTY: 800-855-2880 or 711
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About Caroline Severance Manor
Caroline Severance Manor is located in the Mid Wilshire/Koreatown neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles. The five-parcel property was assembled in partnership with the California Community Foundation Land Trust and the First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles, which owns a childcare facility on two parcels, and acquired two nearby parcels for a parking lot. MHC is working with the church and the Ketchum YMCA of Downtown Los Angeles to plan a mixed-use community that will include parking for the church and a licensed childcare center. In a unique partnership with the Los Angeles County Departments of Mental Health and Children and Family Services, the family units will be targeted to Kincare Families—that is, households in which children are cared for by a relative other than their parent.
Amenities and Services
- Full kitchens; oven/cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator and garbage disposal
- Onsite laundry facility
- Private balcony or patio (some plans)
- Elevator, Controlled key access and surveillance cameras
- Barbecue area, outdoor play area
- Community rooms and computer center
- Onsite property management with extended hours
- Resident Services Coordinator with on-site programsand referrals in the area of education, financial stability,health and wellness, and community building.
- Close proximity to shopping and public transportation along routes 66, 366 and 204 and DASH connecting bus lines
- 85 units of intergenerational affordable housing
- One-, two-, three- and four-bedroom apartment homes
- Completed in 2013
- Funded by: Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health, Wells Fargo Bank, California Housing Finance Agency, Los Angeles County Community Development Commission, Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles, CRA/LA, a Designated Local Authority,California Community Foundation Land Trust, First Unitarian Church of Los Angeles, Enterprise Community Partners,The California Endowment, and the Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department.
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.