Currently Accepting Applications
About Carter Terrace
The property is accepting applications for the waiting list from June 26th-July 10th and a lottery will be held through MOHCD DAHLIA on July 24th, 2020.
Applicants may apply for the lottery waitlist through the San Francisco Housing Portal here.
Carter Terrace consists of one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments for seniors on fixed incomes and working families who are struggling to find affordable housing in San Francisco. Each apartment is a through-unit with front and back exposures providing natural light and ventilation, and a private outdoor space with a patio or deck. Additionally, the development was planned with 8,000 square feet of outdoor recreation space for residents. Two apartments are designed to accommodate family day care, which will allow residents to obtain affordable daycare for their children.
Applications for the lottery must be completed here
Amenities and Services
- Energy-efficient appliances
- Laundry facility
- Community meeting space
- Onsite Computer Lab and free internet access
- Referral Services
- After school activities and day care
- Onsite Adult Career Services
- 101 apartments of multifamily housing including one-, two– and three bedroom apartments
- Funded by: City and County of San Francisco, Citibank, Alliant Capital, California Department of Housing & Community Development—MHP & AHP, Far East National Bank, Catholic Healthcare West, San Francisco Housing Authority and the Low Income Investment Fund
- Architect: Van Meter Williams Pollack & Fougeron Architects
- Contractor: Cahill Contractors
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.