Currently Accepting Applications
About Land Park Woods
Originally built in 1971 as senior apartments and acquired and remodeled in 1996 by RCHC, Land Park Woods is an affordable family community with 75 one, two, and three-bedroom apartments. Many mature trees, landscaped walkways, 11 residential buildings, and a community building comprise the five-and-a-half-acre site
The most recent renovations include significant energy and water efficiency upgrades such as updated lighting, Energy-Star appliances, high-efficiency heating, and cooling systems, and low-water-use landscaping. Other improvements include added outdoor picnic areas and a completely renovated and expanded community building. New windows, roofing, siding, added porches, and completely updated interiors give new life to the community and ensure an affordable, safe, quality home for years to come.
Located just south of the Broadway Corridor, adjacent to the historic Land Park neighborhood, and minutes from several schools (elementary, high school, and community college), retail centers, and Downtown, Land Park Woods is close to many amenities that its residents can enjoy and utilize. The site is also next door to the Marina Vista public housing site and the 800+ home infill development at the old paper mill site; both areas that offer exciting possibilities for the future of the surrounding neighborhood.
In keeping with Mercy Housing’s commitment to providing robust resident services, a resident services coordinator will work on site to connect residents to nearby resources to help them realize their goals.
Amenities and Services
- Outdoor picnic areas
- Expanded community building
- New windows, roofing, siding
- Updated interiors
- Energy and water efficiency upgrades such as updated lighting, Energy-Star appliances, high efficiency heating and cooling systems, and low-water use landscaping
- Minutes from several schools, retail centers, and Downtown
- 75 one, two, and three-bedroom apartments
- Originally built in 1971 as senior apartments and acquired and remodeled in 1996 by RCHC
- Funded by: Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency, Merritt Community Capital, Bank of America
- Architects: Anders & Falltrick
- Contractor: Rod Read & Sons
- Structural Engineer: Cunningham Engineering
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.