Currently Accepting Applications
About Serna Village
Serna Village successfully blends the missions of two organizations – Mercy Housing and Cottage Housing, an award-winning nonprofit that provides a protective environment for homeless people who have made the commitment to improve their lives. The two organizations joined with the County of Sacramento to develop affordable housing on the former site of the McClellan Air Force Base. The property features 84 units of multifamily housing. Mercy Housing operates the property and Cottage Housing provides services to the residents, all of whom are formerly homeless. Serna Village provides formerly homeless people a stable home with the support necessary to reunite their families.
Amenities and Services
- Personalized service plans
- Parenting classes
- Youth development program
- Mental health services and health education
- Drug and alcohol recovery programs
- Case management
- Employment counseling
- Money management and credit counseling
- 84 one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments serving the formerly homeless
- Funded by: Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency-HOME Funds, Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, California Tax Credit Allocation Committee, Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance, Wells Fargo Bank, Citibank Community Development Bank and Union Bank of California
- Architect: Ekistics Design Studio
- Contractor: Broward Bros., Inc.
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.