San Francisco, CA
125 6th Street
San Francisco, CA, 94103
Phone: (415) 543-5494
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
About The Rose
The Rose is the acquisition and substantial renovation of an existing four-story concrete residential hotel originally constructed in 1912. The property is located at the center of the 6th Street corridor in the South of the Market neighborhood of San Francisco. Renovation of the building was completed in 1997 and it now provides permanent housing for 75 single adults who were previously homeless.
Amenities and Services
- Health and Housing Integration Service Network partnership providing vocational training, social service case management, clinical mental health and substance abuse counseling
- Resident Services provided by Episcopal Community Services
- On-site medical clinic
- Computer Lab
- 75 single occupancy units for formerly homeless individuals
- Completed in 1997
- Funded by: Savings Association Mortgage Co., San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (California Equity Fund), S.H. Cowell Foundation, Price/Costco Corporation, Great Western Bank, The Carl & Celia Gellert Foundation, California Federal Bank and individual supporters.
- Architect: Herman Stoller Coliver
- Contractor: Cahill Construction
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the California region.