4626 N. Magnolia
Chicago, IL, 60640
Phone: (773) 649-4639
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p .m.
About Carlton Terrace
The Carlton Apartments were originally built in the 1920s and were acquired and renovated by Mercy Housing in 1993. Located in the Sheridan Park Historic District of Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood, the Carlton is often mistaken for a building of upscale condominiums because of its beautiful Collegiate Gothic façade.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- On-site laundry facilities
- Case management and referral services
- Tenant Leadership Program
- Creative Writing
- Art Therapy
- Community activities and celebrations
- 70 units of supportive housing for homeless adults
- Handicap units available
- Acquired and renovated in 1993
- Funded by: Historic Low Income Housing Tax Credits, the City of Chicago, Illinois Housing Development Authority, McKinney Section 8 Grant, HOME funds and Federal Home Loan Bank
- Architect: Dennis Langley, Weese Langley Weese Architects
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.