Major Jenkins Apartments/Red Door
5012 N. Winthrop
Chicago, IL, 60640
Phone: (773) 506-3486
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About Major Jenkins Apartments/Red Door
The Major Jenkins was originally built in the 1900s and was acquired and renovated by Mercy Housing in 1995. Two buildings were combined into one property featuring 160 units of supportive housing including 80 apartments for formerly homeless individuals. The building includes ample space for supportive services, a large community room, laundry room and a community kitchen.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Community kitchen
- On-site laundry facilities
- Community celebrations and activities
- Case management and referral services
- Tenant Leadership Program
- Art Therapy
- 160 units of supportive housing with 80 units for formerly homeless individuals
- Handicap accessible and adaptable units available
- Acquired in 1995
- Architect: Dennis Langley, Weese Langley Weese Architects
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Lakefront region.