Mercy Village Joplin
1148 W. 28th
Joplin, MO, 64804
Phone: (417) 623-7123
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About Mercy Village Joplin
Opened in May of 2005, Mercy Village is an important model for co-located housing and healthcare services. Catholic Health Initiatives’ St. John’s Mercy Hospital paved the way for affordable senior housing in Joplin, Missouri when they built a new road through their medical campus several years ago – opening up new land for development. In deciding what to do with that land, the hospital turned to their mission: to provide for those in need. With an aging population, there was a growing demand for affordable senior housing in Joplin. The property is located half a block from St. John’s Mercy Hospital, providing easy access to health care and community services for residents who may have limited mobility. The development encourages good health through its access not only to the hospital, but also to nature and recreation. Mercy Village is also a stop on the city’s Sunshine Lamp trolley. The property was remodeled/renovated in 2012.
Amenities and Services
- Community room, TV room and game room
- Community kitchen
- Community Meetings and Celebrations
- Half-mile walking path and healing garden
- Computer lab and activity area
- Property is a stop on the Sunshine Lamp Trolley
- 65 one-bedroom affordable apartment homes for seniors
- Available to seniors earning 50% or less of the area median income
- Opened in 2005, Renovated in 2012
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Mountain Plains region.