12th & River/12th Street Senior
514 South 12th Street
Boise, ID, 83702
Phone: (208) 514-1601
Office Hours: Office Hours: M - F 10:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About 12th & River/12th Street Senior
12th & River Senior Apartments is the first new multifamily development dedicated to senior citizens in more than two years in the Boise area and marks Mercy Housing’s first new construction property in the city. The three-story structure is located on 3/4 of an acre of land and is close to downtown Boise with easy access to the Green Belt, a walking and bike path that runs along the Boise River. The finest green living has to offer, this property has been defined by LEED certification and a commitment to quality environmental conservation.
LEED Features and Benefits
The 12th & River Apartments were built to LEED® standards, and are anticipating being certified at the highest level of Platinum. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. It is a national third-party rating system administered by the US Green Building Council. LEED for Homes is a rating system that promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes. A green home uses less energy, water and natural resources; creates less waste; and is healthier and more comfortable for the occupants.
Benefits of a LEED home include:
- lower energy and water bills;
- reduced greenhouse gas emissions; and
- less exposure to mold, mildew and other indoor toxins.
A few of the greenest features of the Twelfth and River Apartments include:
- it was built on a sustainable site that was previously developed with existing infrastructure and is in an urban location within ½ mile of over 14 community resources such as groceries, schools and medical facilities
- the landscape conserves water by limiting conventional turf, installing a very high-efficiency irrigation system and using drought-tolerant, native plants
- units contain low-flow but high-performance showerheads, faucets and toilets
- advanced framing techniques reduced the amount of lumber needed and allowed for more insulation
- many materials are locally sourced, low emission and environmentally preferable such as recycled content insulation, local lumber and low VOC paint, flooring, adhesives and sealants
- over 70% of construction waste was diverted from landfills
- radon-resistant construction, continuous ventilation and a pre-occupancy flush of the entire building protects indoor air quality and is healthier for occupants
- high level of energy efficiency through very efficient air source heat pumps for heating and cooling, exceptional windows with a 0.27 U-factor, ENERGY STAR appliances and detailed attention to insulation and air sealing
Amenities and Services
- Centrally located in the heart of downtown Boise near medical, shopping, parks, the Boise River and greenbelt
- Promoting healthy and independent senior lifestyles
- City and River views
- Business center with internet access
- Comfortable meeting and social gathering areas
- Media room with theater atmosphere
- Energy efficient living including triple pane windows
- Contemporary living areas designed for comfort and convenience
- Comprehensive Resident Services and activities
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Northwest region.