1510 North Forest Street
Bellingham, WA, 98225
Phone: (360) 312-7280
Office Hours: Monday , Tuesday,Thursday, Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Closed during lunch hour from 12:30p.m. - 1:30p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About Eleanor Apartments
Eleanor Apartments is a brand new affordable senior housing community located in Downtown Bellingham on the edge of the York historic residential neighborhood. Opened September 2017, Eleanor Apartments offers 80 energy-efficient apartments with one bedroom and one bath that are affordable to seniors. The apartments utilizes Universal Design features making the building fully accessible. With a large community center, on-site parking, and large light-filled apartments, Eleanor Apartments will become a hub for seniors in downtown Bellingham. The community meets Evergreen Sustainability standards and includes an on-site rain garden for stormwater retention, photo voltaic solar panels, triple pane windows and enhanced insulation.
There is a bus stop at the property and the county transit center is a block away. Services and shopping are within walkable distances. Resident Services programming, a computer lab, and other activities will be provided in a community space on the ground floor. A partnership with PeaceHealth will provide health and wellness services on-site. The building will be generously landscaped with outdoor seating areas, walking path and P-patch garden.
Amenities and Services
- Energy-efficient design
- Low utility costs
- Smoke free community
- Pet friendly
- Secure building entry
- Wired for internet & cable
- ADA accessible & adaptable apartments available
- P-patch, walking paths & landscaped grounds with seating areas
- Convenient laundry facilities
- Community room with full calendar of optional community activities & services
- PeaceHealth partnership - services & complimentary health & wellness programming
- Secured bicycle storage
- On site parking
- Bus stop at property & close to WTA Transit Center
- Walking distance to shops, grocery stres & services
- Solid surface/quartz countertops
- Plank flooring throughout
- Individual heating controls per room
- Open layouts with large windows
- Water, sewer, trash, recycling & hot water included in rent
- Eleanor Apartments serves seniors earning 30% and 50% Area Median Income
- Funded by: City of Bellingham Housing Levy and HOME funds, Washington State Department of Commerce Housing Trust Fund and HOME funds, Wells Fargo Community Lending and Investment, Washington State Housing Finance Commission, & PeaceHealth
- Architect: RMC Architects
- Contractor: Dawson Construction Inc.
- Project budget: $22.23 Million
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Northwest region.