Hillside Gardens Apartments
1708 S. “G” Street
Tacoma, WA, 98405
Phone: (253) 627-5783
TTY: 800-877-8973 or 711
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About Hillside Gardens Apartments
Hillside Gardens Apartments is located in Tacoma’s thriving Hilltop Neighborhood offering 26 affordable homes for families. The property is conveniently located near Bates Technical College, St. Joseph’s Hospital, 6th avenue central district, grocery stores, bus lines and much more. Resident Services are provided on site offering financial planning, cooking, health and homework classes as well as Summer Lunch programs for each resident. One, two, and three-bedrooms are offered at 30%, 50% and 60% of the Pierce County Median Income. Mercy Housing Northwest has partnered with PCAP and Phoenix Housing to offer a total of eighteen units set aside for participants of these programs.
Mercy Housing Northwest, the City of Tacoma and Pyatok Architects were honored for this project in by the Puget Sound Regional Council with its Vision 2020 award. The award recognized the project for its innovative design, public-private partnership, involvement of community members, and community revitalization.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Onsite garage parking available
- Onsite laundry
- Health & wellness activities
- Community events
- Close to transit & shopping
- Outdoor courtyard
- Smoke-free property
- Onsite management
- 26 affordable homes total
- 3 one-bedrooms, 17 two-bedrooms & 6 three-bedrooms
- Rents are offered at 30%, 50% & 60% AMI
- Funded by: Aegon/Transamerica (Tax Credit Investor), Washington State Housing Trust Fund, Wells Fargo, City of Tacoma, Pierce County, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Impact Capital, Washington Community Reinvestment Association, Washing State Housing Finance Commission
- Architect: Pyatok Associates
- Contractor: Rushforth Construction
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Northwest region.