Savannah Gardens Senior
501 Pennsylvania Avenue
Savannah, GA, 31404
Phone: (912) 335-4841
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Currently Accepting Applications
About Savannah Gardens Senior
Located in Savannah’s historic neighborhood, Savannah Gardens Senior Residences is the first elderly development in the redevelopment of Strathmore Estates, a 44-acre site that contained 380 units of substandard rental housing located on Savannah’s East Side. Mercy Housing partnered with CHSA Development and the City of Savannah to redevelop this community, first built in the 1940s. The entire Savannah Gardens project is part of an EarthCraft Costal Community ensuring sustainable development and energy efficiency. Savannah Gardens Senior Residences is an income-based community in which the household pays no more than 30% of household income on rent. The property features 39 apartment homes for seniors 62 years and older.
Amenities and Services
- Community room
- Media room
- Computer lab
- On-site laundry
- Community garden
- Resident Services and activities available
- 24-hour emergency maintenance and on-site management
- 39 units of affordable rental housing for low-income seniors 62 years and older
- One-bedroom units including accessible units
- Completed in 2012
- Funded by: Low Income Housing Tax Credits and Georgia Department of Community Affairs Neighborhood Stabilization Program, City of Savannah Community Development Block Grant, HUD Section 202
Effectiveness of Programs
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Southeast region.