Currently Accepting Applications
About Independence Hill
Independence Hill in Moscow, Idaho, opened in 2006. Independence Hill allows people with developmental disabilities to live independently rather than in a group home or other facility. A former board member planted the seed for building an independent living facility inspired by her son. The property features 14 units of supportive housing near the campus of the University of Idaho. Independence Hill is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and the local bus service.The building includes a community room and a courtyard.
Through an agreement with HUD, Independence Hill rents apartments under the HUD PRAC811 housing assistance payment program. This program provides maximum income limits for those seeking housing and residents never pay more than 30% of their income on rent.
Amenities and Services
- On-site Resident Services
- Case Managenent Services
- Large Community Room
- Computer Center
- Community Courtyard
- Community Celebrations and Activities
- Washer/Dryer Connections in Each Apartment
- On-Site Laundry
- On-Site Parking Available
- Walking Distance to Groceries, Mall and Public Transportation
- Patios/Balconies in Select Floor Plans
- 14 units of housing for individuals with developmental disabilities including one- and two-bedroom units
- Completed in 2006
- Funded by: Stepping Stones Inc., U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and the Idaho Housing & Finance Association
Donate to Mercy Housing
Your donation to Mercy Housing could help fund our mission through communities like this one, transforming lives throughout the Northwest region.