Jan 282013 Mercy Housing Chicago and Milwaukee Regional Impact
Thank you for providing hope for families, veterans, and other vulnerable people. Thanks to you, Mercy Housing built or preserved 937 homes and prevented homelessness for 6,812 people in the Chicago and Milwaukee regions.
In 2013, your support helped make it possible to:
- Complete renovations to preserve 210 affordable family homes at the historic Pullman Wheelworks in Chicago;
- Complete a merger with St. Catherine Residence to preserve 203 affordable homes for women and families in Milwaukee;
- Acquire and renovate 128 affordable family homes at 2000 Illinois in Aurora;
- Save 238 Illinois homeowners from foreclosure through the Mortgage Resolution Fund;
- Renovate 282 foreclosed homes through Chicago’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program; and
- Secure and maintain 2,627 foreclosed homes through 180o Properties.
Through the first four years of the Moving Forward Together Campaign, you have now helped to build 2,736 affordable homes, sustain 5,023 jobs, and prevent homelessness for 6,812 people.
With your continued support, we will ultimately fulfill the ten-year campaign goals to build or preserve 7,500 affordable homes, create 8,000 jobs, and prevent homelessness for 20,000 people.
Your support helps people like Krista. She and her family lost everything in a fire.
Fortunately, Krista and her family obtained a safe, affordable Mercy home. According to Krista, “Living here makes me feel safe and settled. When I feel like this, my only goal is doing well at school.” With dreams of becoming a Justice of the Supreme Court, Krista now strives to maintain her “A” grades.
Krista and her family take advantage of the computer lab, tutoring, field trips, and case management assistance. With this support, they are saving and working towards their goal to purchase a new, single-family home.
To donate and learn more about the Moving Forward Together Campaign, please go to http://www.mercyhousing.org/Moving-Forward-Together
Stay Up To Date
Get news on Mercy Housing and inspiring stories of change delivered to your inbox.