By collaborating with socially responsible developers, Mercy Community Capital has helped finance the development of single and multifamily homes for rental and homeownership. These developments help underserved communities, including people with low-incomes, seniors, farm workers, people who have experienced homelessness, and people with disabilities.
Our mission is to create stable, vibrant, and healthy communities by developing, financing, and operating affordable, program-enriched housing for families, seniors, and people with special needs who lack the economic resources to access quality, safe housing opportunities.
- Number of Loans: 596
- Total Amount Loaned: $427 million
- Total Amount Leveraged: $4.5 billion
- Number of States: 41 plus Puerto Rico
- Number of Communities: 248
- Number of Units Preserved or Created: 33,151
- Number of Residents Housed: 82,187
- Percent of Units to Low-Income Residents in 2020: 100%
- Number of residents with onsite services available to them in 2020
(includes financial counseling, health and wellness programs, job training, and after-school programs): 2,063
- 2020 Total Household Savings in Rent*: $20 million
- 2020 Total Homeownership Savings: $8 million
*Calculated as the difference between the average annual market rent and the average annual restricted rent.
*As of March 31, 2021. View the Fact Sheet here (PDF)